It's The Water You Don't See
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time.
The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas has the equipment, training and experience to find and dry unseen water before secondary damages occur. The proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage expense during a fire or water loss. When time matters, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform. SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas will answer your call with rapid action and a full arsenal of drying equipment. Here are a few of the tools we use.
- Moisture Sensors are used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards and walls.
- Moisture Meters are used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. The moisture tester provides accurate readings, allowing SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas to monitor the drying process.
- Thermohygrometers measure temperature and relative humidity. When armed with this information, we can calculate and create an environment most conducive to drying. When facing a contaminated water loss, it is not only important to dry the structure, but the structure must also be disinfected and often deodorized.
- Ultra Low-Volume (ULV) Foggers will atomize liquid deodorizing agents, producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor causing residues may accumulate.
- Thermal Foggers dispense solvent-based products by creating a dense fog. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that attach to and neutralize odor causing particles.
The bottom line? SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas has the training and equipment to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Hurricane season has already begun and several named storms have developed in the Atlantic, Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico. For the Atlantic, the season begins June 1 and runs through November 30. On average, there are 12 tropical storms that develop, with an average of six becoming hurricanes, according to the National Weather Service. Hurricanes can be life-threatening as well as cause serious property damage. The National Weather Service lists the following as potential “hurricane hazards.”
- Storm surge is the abnormal rise of water generated by a storm’s winds. This hazard is historically the leading cause of hurricane related deaths in the United States. Storm surge and large battering waves can result in large loss of life and cause massive destruction along the coast. Storm surge can travel several miles inland, especially along bays, rivers and estuaries.
- Flooding from heavy rains is the second leading cause of fatalities from land falling tropical cyclones. Widespread torrential rains associated with these storms often cause flooding hundreds of miles inland. This flooding can persist for several days after a storm has dissipated.
- Winds from a hurricane can destroy buildings and manufactured homes. Signs, roofing material and other items left outside can become flying missiles during hurricanes.
- Tornadoes can accompany land falling tropical cyclones. These tornadoes typically occur in rain bands well away from the center of the storm.
- Dangerous waves produced by a tropical cyclone’s strong winds can pose a significant hazard to coastal residents and mariners. These waves can cause deadly rip currents, significant beach erosion and damage to structures along the coastline, even when the storm is more than a 1,000 miles offshore.
Preparation is the best protection against the dangers of a hurricane. Plan an evacuation route and your emergency plan, take inventory of your property and take steps to protect your home or business. For more information on recovering from water damage caused by weather-related disasters, contact SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas today.
How to Destroy Odors with Deodorization
Even a small fire can cause odors for years to come if the affected areas are not properly cleaned and deodorized. Fire, smoke and soot damage in your home or business can create unpleasant and potentially permanent problems.
As various materials burn, the smoke produced travels throughout the structure, leaving odorous residues and deposits on surfaces and in hard-to-reach places. Unless fast, professional action is taken, these residues and deposits can cause permanent damage to contents and may result in resurfacing odors.
With technicians certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC), SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas provides specialized services that can rid your home or business of offensive odors left by fire or smoke damage. We here at SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas do not cover up lingering odors with a fragrance; we seek out and remove the sources of the odor. Once the source is found, SERVPRO’s own proprietary line of cleaning products is used to treat and prevent the odor from returning. Any restorable items in the affected areas will also be professionally cleaned and deodorized, including furniture, draperies and upholstery, electronics, art, flooring, walls, ceilings, HVAC air ducts, and more. Ask us to explain the various deodorization methods available and which will work best for you.
If you or a customer suffer a fire damage or some other accident and require deodorization services, contact SERVPRO® of Northern Las Vegas. Whether it’s fire, water, or mold damage, or just a stubborn odor that refuses to go away, we’ll help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Are You Prepared?
As a member of the Ready Campaign’s National Preparedness Coalition, SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas is proud to present the following information.
HOW quickly your company can get back to business after a natural disaster or storm, whether it be a tornado, fire, or flood, often depends on the emergency planning done today. The regular occurrence of natural disasters demonstrates the importance of being prepared for any emergency. While each situation is unique, your organization can be better prepared if you plan carefully, put emergency procedures in place, and practice for all kinds of emergencies. The following are common sense measures business owners and managers can take to start getting ready. A commitment to begin planning today will help support your employees, customers, the community, the local economy, and even the country. It also protects your business investment and gives your company a better chance for survival. Review the following questions to learn if your company is prepared.
Do you know what kind of emergencies might affect your company? Do you know what you will do in an emergency situation? Develop a Business Continuity Plan. Do you know which staff , procedures and equipment are absolutely necessary to keep operating? Do you have back up plans for those operations? Do you know what you will do if your building or plant is not accessible? Do you know what you will do if your suppliers are impacted by a disaster? Are you ready for utility disruptions?
Prepare your Emergency Plan.
Do you have an evacuation and shelter-in place plan? Do you have a plan to communicate with employees before, during and after an incident? Do you have copies of building and site maps with utilities and emergency routes marked? Are your employees trained for medical emergencies?
Practice the Emergency Plan.
Have you practiced your plan recently? Do you practice and coordinate with other businesses in your building or industrial complex? Have you reviewed your plans in the last 12 months?
Review Insurance Coverage.
Have you reviewed your insurance coverage recently to see if you’re covered in a disaster?
Secure Your Facility and Equipment.
Have you secured all the ways people, products and supplies get into your building? Have you conducted a room-by-room walk through to determine what can be strapped down?
Improve Cyber Security.
Do you regularly install patches to your software? Have you installed a firewall on your computer? Do you regularly update your antivirus software?
Promote Family and Individual Preparedness.
Do you encourage employees to have a personal emergency supply kit and a family communication plan?
If you answered “No” to any of these questions, visit ready.gov and learn how to better prepare your business.
Science of Drying
Did you know there is actually a science behind the process of drying? The knowledge of psychometric is essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. While your initial reaction may be to grab a few towels to mop up the mess and place a fan or two around the damaged area, SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry-approved standards to help lower the chances of any secondary damages. If your business suffers a water damage,
SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas will:
- Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
- Measure how much moisture is in wet materials and monitor whether the materials are drying properly.
- Speed up Mother Nature by using professional drying equipment.
What exactly does “speed up Mother Nature” mean? A wet building can often dry naturally because the environment always seeks equilibrium. When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material–but only if the air is, indeed, drier. The only problem is, nature often takes too long and secondary damages may occur while the building is drying out. For this reason,
SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas have been trained to use top-of-the-line equipment to help Mother Nature along, including equipment to help dry hardwood floors, tough-to-reach spaces inside walls, and much more.
SERVPRO also uses state-of-the-art monitoring equipment and a proven scientific process to help speed the drying of your home or business. The bottom line? Your local SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas have the training and equipment to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Leave the Hassle of Board-Ups to the Professionals
Whether after a fire, storm, or other structural disaster, boarding up damaged property is a burden that no one should ever have to go through— especially if it is your property that has been damaged.
Boarding up damaged property incorrectly could cause secondary damages such as moisture or animal intrusion, making the situation even worse. The process of boarding up after an unexpected damage can also be as dangerous as the damage itself.
SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas can board up the damaged property and mitigate and re-mediate the original damage, providing you with peace of mind while helping make it “Like it never even happened.” Call SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas with any questions you may have regarding board ups and the mitigation and re-mediation process.
Be alert with a Weather Radio
One of the best precautions you can take is to purchase a good quality weather radio. A weather radio is designed to alert you to dangerous weather situations, such as an approaching tornado. It allows you to be warned ahead of approaching storms providing you time to seek shelter. A weather radio is the most reliable source for weather alerts. Weather radios have made many advancements over the years and are very affordable. Most basic weather radios average around $30 and can be programmed to only alert you for the weather alerts you choose.
When shopping for a weather radio, look for the following key features.
• Reviewable alerts (you can scroll through alerts and turn off the siren for alerts you do not wish to hear).
• Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) alert programming (alerts when specific counties are threatened, ensuring you only receive alerts for your county).
• Ease of programming.
If you need help programming your weather radio, you can always contact your local National Weather Service Office or for additional information, including county codes for your state, visit the NOAA Weather Radio website at https://www.weather.gov/nwr&ln_desc=NOAA+Weather+Radio/ Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) are emergency messages sent by authorized government-alerting authorities through your mobile carrier. Government partners include local and state public safety agencies, FEMA, the FCC, the Department of Homeland Security, and the National Weather Service. Alerts received at the right time can help keep you safe during an emergency. With WEA, alerts can be sent to your mobile device when you may be in harm's way, without need to download an app or subscribe to a service. WEA may be used to share:
• Extreme weather warnings.
• Local emergencies requiring evacuation or immediate action.
• AMBER Alerts.
• Presidential Alerts during a national emergency.
A WEA will look like a text message (example shown here). The WEA message will typically show the type and time of the alert, any action you should take, and the agency issuing the alert. The message will be no more than 90 characters. Visit https://www.ctia.org/consumer-resources/wireless-emergency-alerts to learn more about Wireless Emergency Alerts, including how to determine if your mobile device is WEA-capable.
Stay Safe From Summer Storms
While the spring season is known for the potential to experience severe weather, the threat exists throughout the summer months as well. In fact, the potential for severe weather even increases in some areas. Hurricane season in the Atlantic begins June 1st and runs through November 30th. The Eastern Pacific hurricane season begins May 15th also ending November 30th.
While it may be difficult to prepare for the unpredictable, there are steps you can take now to help ensure you are ready when disaster strikes. One way to prepare your business for any type of disaster, is to establish an Emergency READY Profile (ERP). Contact your local SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas to learn more about the ERP and how it can help you. Consider the following tips when preparing for an approaching storm.
BEFORE THE STORM
• Build an emergency supply kit and develop a communication plan.
• Unplug any electronic equipment before the storm arrives.
• Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
• If you are outdoors, get inside a building, home or hard top vehicle (not a convertible).
• Shutter windows and secure outside doors. If shutters are not available, close window blinds, shades or curtains.
DURING THE STORM
• Use your battery-operated NOAA Weather Radio for updates from local officials.
• Avoid contact with corded phones. Cordless and cellular phones are safe to use.
• Avoid contact with electrical equipment or cords.
• Unplug appliances and other electrical items, such as computers. Power surges from lightning can cause serious damage.
• Avoid contact with plumbing. Plumbing and bathroom fixtures can conduct electricity.
• Stay away from windows and doors.
AFTER THE STORM
• Never drive through a flooded roadway.
• Stay away from storm-damaged areas to keep from putting yourself at risk.
• Stay away from downed power lines and report them immediately
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. Expertise born out of cleaning up some of the most challenging bio hazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects the unique experiences and capabilities of America’s #1 clean-up and restoration brand. The program is grounded with our unique 3 Cs: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
Consult clean certify a tailored cleaning program to meet your needs. Not all businesses are the same, which is why we will assign you with a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a custom cleaning program to meet your specific needs. SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas has worked in a wide variety of industries with businesses ranging from start ups to global, multinational organizations. That’s why we know to start such a critical cleaning process with a consultation. Your specific program will be developed based on a range of factors including business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touch points, foot traffic and congestion points. As a result, you’ll know that Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is not just an industry leading standard in clean, you’ll know that the clean you receive is customized to your need.
Clean proactive and Covid-19 emergency response cleaning program. Based on the specific needs of your business, your location will undergo a thorough, expert deep clean rooted in the pillars of People, Process, and Product. People. SERVPRO Professionals are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas are trained to perform proactive or emergency responsive cleanups that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible. Product. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned has more than 100 exclusive cleaning products to meet any need including our proprietary cleaning agent, SERVPROXIDE - a hospital grade disinfectant that carries the Environmental Protection Agency’s lowest toxicity category and is National Sanitation Foundation certified for direct food contact surface use. All our products carry the Environmental Protection Agency’s registered emerging pathogens claims and meet the standard set by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention for hospital-grade disinfectant.
Certify a commitment to clean for you employees and your consumers.We’re going to extend our credibility as a premier bio hazard cleaning company in the country to your business
– to give assurance to your employees and customers that only SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas can deliver. Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to our propriety signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Did You Know:
Did you know that 89% of consumers said they are hesitant about returning to brick-and-mortar establishments according to a recent survey? And of those, 40% say that cleanliness is a major factor for concern? We all know they aren’t talking about dirt. They are talking the invisible germs and pathogens that we can’t see. They are talking about corona virus, and patrons and employees want to feel safe and secure when America does reopen for business.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean. I am thrilled that we are part of the solution to get the country back, whether that is back to work, back to business, back to school, or back to community. I am excited to tell everyone about a new program we are rolling out to take our COVID-related proactive cleaning work to a whole new level, or a “higher standard of clean.” The Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program is a cleaning and disinfecting program that will lend our industry-leading cleanup and remediation expertise to businesses and other community spaces as they reopen their doors. This program will give patrons and employees peace of mind that the space has been protected by SERVPRO of Northern Las Vegas, the authority on what it means to be clean.